Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What Works for Me on Twitter: Mentions



Before I decided to write my Twitter series I authored a post that explains how important mentions on Twitter can potentially be.  Please check it out here if you haven't read it yet.

What I've learned over time is that mentions can serve a small handful of different purposes.  One, mentions give credit where credit is due.  A mention in your tweet points people in the right direction whether it be a user or a company.  Two, and as I shared before, mentions have the potential to connect you with people you may not have encountered anyway.  Those few mentions have led to a relationship between our team and the company that wouldn't have been able to happen without each others presence and interaction on Twitter.  There's nothing to not like about that as everyone is better for it.

So don't forget that "@" sign when you have a chance to use it purposefully.  You never know where it may take you.  It has definitely been a dynamic ride for me so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment