Monday, October 14, 2013

What Works/Worked for Me on Twitter: Getting Started

I'm pretty confident that I could write an extensive post on how to get started on Twitter, but why do that when many talented and smart people have already done it?

Below you'll find links to a small handful of posts that will give you the basics on how to get signed up and tweeting like a pro in no time.

A Visual Guide to Twitter for Beginners via Edudemic.

A shared Google doc with step-by-step directions on how to get started on Twitter via Alice Keeler on Twitter (@alicekeeler).

Re-Imagine Your Professional Development Experience...With Twitter via Victoria Olson.

How to Use Twitter for Teaching and Learning via Edudemic.

What I Wish I Knew Before I Started Twitter via Steven W. Anderson.

Twitter for Teachers (video below) via Erin Klein.

 

Twitter (social media) Pro Tip: Go to any resource that you sign up for with as much purpose as you can apply.  We can talk for days about how to use Twitter (the tool), but without a specific purpose about how you'd like to use it excitement and motivation will fade very, very quickly  There is no better place for self-paced/asynchronous professional development for me.  Every time I log in I find resources to bookmark and/or share.  

Twitter works really well for me and I hope it can work just as well, if not better, for you. 

More posts to come in the "What Works for Me on Twitter" coming at you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment